Friday 28th of April 2017
We believe that as a business, we should not only offer a service that is of benefit to people, but that we should also contribute to shaping a better world for everyone. To further this aim, we pledge to donate 10% of our profit each year to the following charities and causes:
- The MS Society - The MS Society is the UK's leading MS charity. More than 100,000 people in the UK have MS. The MS Society are fighting to improve treatment and care, to help people with MS take control of their lives. Since 1953, they have been providing information and support, funding research and fighting for change.
- Kidney Research UK - Kidney Research UK is the leading national charity dedicated to research that will lead to better treatments and cures for kidney disease. They also provide information for patients and raise vital awareness of kidney-related issues among the general public.
- Cancer research UK - Cancer research UK are focusing their efforts in four key areas - working to help prevent cancer, diagnose it earlier, develop new treatments and optimise current treatments by personalising them and making them even more effective. They continue to support research into all types of cancer and across all age groups. They are also keeping their focus on understanding the biology of cancer so doctors can use this vital knowledge to save more lives.
- UNHCR - The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. The agency is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide.
- Oxfam - Oxfam focus their work on vital issues to tackle the root causes of poverty, from life's basics - food, water, health and education - to complex questions around aid, climate change and human rights. They are working towards a world where everyone has enough to eat and the opportunity to earn a decent living.
- St Vincent de Paul Society - The St Vincent de Paul Society (SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need - irrespective of ideology, faith, ethnicity, age or gender.
- Samaritans - The Samaritans vision is that fewer people die by suicide. They work to achieve this by making it their mission to alleviate emotional distress and reduce the incidence of suicide feelings and suicidal behaviour. They do this by being available 24 hours a day to provide emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of emotional distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide.
- Friends of the Earth - The world is facing two related challenges that threaten the lives and livelihoods of billions of people: climate change and the global energy crisis. These are being driven by unsustainable economic and development models based on fossil fuels and other dirty and destructive energy sources, and the concentration of power over energy goods and services in the hands of a wealthy few. Friends of the Earth is striving for climate and energy justice, including by helping to build a diverse and effective global movement to stop climate change.
- Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament - CND campaigns non-violently to rid the world of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction and to create genuine security for future generations. CND opposes all nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction: their development, manufacture, testing, deployment and use or threatened use by any country.
- The Free Software Foundation - The FSF is a charity with a worldwide mission to advance software freedom. The Free Software Foundation is working to secure freedom for computer users by promoting the development and use of free (as in freedom) software and documentation - particularly the GNU operating system - and by campaigning against threats to computer user freedom like Digital Restrictions Management (DRM) and software patents.